International Student Teaching

So....I just found out some exciting news. I am going to apply for International Student Teaching. "What is it?" you ask. Well, it is a great opportunity to work in a school in another country for the last 4-5 weeks of my student teaching experience. There are several different places I could go: Spain, Switzerland, South Korea, Ecuador, England, Italy, Germany, etc. Thus far, I am considering going to BARCELONA!

Woah! Mind blowing I know. This will be a fantastic opportunity to be immersed in a culture which will improve my teaching in the culturally diverse classrooms of today. Nothing is finalized or guaranteed at this point. I'm just beginning the application process. I must get letters of recommendation, fill out long application forms, write essays, obtain scholarship money, update my passport (maybe), etc.

I've always wanted to study abroad and my wonderful husband encouraged me to do so. This is a great way to get the experience without spending 3 months (and thousands of dollars) away from home. One of my hangups about going to another country is that it can be difficult to find faithful churches overseas. I wouldn't want God to take a 4-5 week break from me, so I definitely don't want to take a 4-5 week break from Him. However, God's kingdom is amazing and I have been connected with a church in Barcelona (or rather Badalona) that I can attend while I'm there. Not only am I excited about the possibility to work in a school in Barcelona, but I am also excited to worship with the Christians in Barcelona.

Our God is amazing and His kingdom is expansive! Praise God!

I will keep you all updated on how this process is going. If my updates are small and infrequent in the subsequent months it's because school is going to be CRAZY but amazing this year.

God bless.

Comments

Rewind