29 Things Before I Turn 30

For my 29th birthday, I present (in no particular order) a cliché list of 29 things I want to do before I turn 30: 

1.       Do something brave.

2.       Spend more time believing my presence matters.

3.       Read a book for pleasure (something with shifters or vampires or magic because that’s my favorite).

4.       Be present. 

5.       Sit on the porch with a friend until the stars come out.

6.       Invite someone over for dinner. 

7.       Write something that scares me.

8.       Post the “unflattering” picture anyway because that moment mattered. 

9.       Keep a plant alive.

10.    Say yes when I’m afraid.

11.    Show up even if I go alone.

12.    Learn about shape notes.

13.    Get rid of clothes I don’t wear. 

14.    See good. Say good.

15.    Share, honestly and vulnerably, with someone who has earned the right to bear the story.

16.    Love.

17.    Just do the thing.

18.    Ask my question.

19.    Have coffee with someone new. 

20.    Scrub the baseboards like my mom taught me.

21.    Praise God frequently and fervently. 

22.    Make something delicious.

23.    Dance. 

24.    Squeeze my family (especially those babies).

25.    Fill a need.

26.    Send a letter.

27.    Come to the table.

28.    Stop apologizing for ending every text message with punctuation. 

29.    Discover something new about God. 


"I could just sit...I could just sit and wait for all Your goodness, hope to feel Your presence.
I could just stay...I could just stay right where I am and hope to feel You...hope to feel something again.
I could hold on...I could hold on to who I am and never let You change me from the inside.
I could be safe...I could be safe here in Your arms and never leave home...never let these walls down.

But...

You have called me higher.
You have called me deeper and I'll go where You will lead me, Lord."
-Called Me Higher, Leslie Jordan








Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Nichole! I appreciate your writing - it is insightful, encouraging, and thought-provoking. I appreciate you for your love for God and His people - and the fortitude you have shown these past few years to take the unexpected and depend on our Father for guidance and His love.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Rewind