Becoming a Master of my Body

My theme quote this summer is this: “Make us masters of ourselves [so] that we may be servants of others.”-Sir Alexander Paterson.
I am applying this to my spiritual and physical life. This life is not about beauty or physical attributes, but my physical aptitude does have something to do with life. I need to become a master of my body, so that I may serve others more efficiently. If I can master my body, I will have more energy to serve. I will have more life to give to God. This is why I must master my body. Currently, I am not in the best shape I have ever been, but I’m also not in the worst. However, if morbidly obese people can get on a treadmill and run on The Biggest Loser…so can I. This is part 1 of becoming a master of my body. The “before” blog. I believe in dreaming big. I want my future students to dare to dream and if they fall…at least they were brave enough to jump. So I will do just that. Dare to dream big.
My dream: Run a half marathon. Run a marathon. Lose 30 pounds. Become a master of my body.
First step is to train for the Heritage Day 5K in Albion on October 6. I’m running. Are you?
Hopefully on my “after” blog there will be updated photographs, race medals, and more energy to serve.

Comments

Rewind