Saying Goodbye...

Day 29: Saying Goodbye to good friends

This sign describes me perfectly....I LOVE BARCELONA. If my husband were here, I seriously don't think I could leave.

In the morning, I went to do some last minute shopping with Rachel. I bought a book about the legend of Saint George to share with my future classroom. For second breakfast I had hot chocolate and a croissant. Hmmm...Then we managed to get lost-ish wandering around and couldn't find a metro station. Normally this would be no big deal, but since I had to meet Sarai at a certain time I was slightly stressing. Nevertheless, we finally found one and I was only 15 minutes late. Sorry Sarai!

This was some of the wonderful group of ladies gathered together to have Bible study. They tried to translate for me and even let me read in my English Bible. 

Laura! I enjoyed getting to know her throughout this trip. She wrote this on her facebook which pretty much sums up how I feel.
"It has been a short time. But when you belong to the eternal family is easier to feel the love.
The love God shows us. I will miss you SO much ! See you soon  
 — withNichole Dwyer."



Sarai! There are some people in your life that you just automatically connect with and Sarai was one of those people for me. I know we have only known each other for a month, but I feel closer to her than many people I have known for much longer. I honestly consider her one of my best friends. This trip would not have been the same without you, Sarai, my sister!!

"I'm so sad, because today is the last day that Nichole Dwyer is here. It's been a little time but I feel like my friend forever. It's amazing how fast you can make real friends with the love of Christ and with spiritual family. 
These are great blessings to be followers of Christ, and now I understand when the Lord says in Matthew 22:37-40.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and With All thy soul, and With All thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
On These two commandments hang ALL THE LAW and the prophets.

BECAUSE WE ARE A SPIRITUAL AND FOREVER FAMILY

It's been a good time together, and I hope more in the future (if not, I'll kill you). You know what I mean..."


 Lord willing, I will see her again this summer when she is in Rhode Island. Some of the sweet things that I learned about myself from Sarai and her family:
1. Inside I am a Spanish person. (apparently I act more Spanish than I do American)
2. My Spanish accent is good because on some words they couldn't tell I wasn't from Spain (except my R...I just can't roll them)
3. I am part of their family and am welcome back anytime.
4. Next time I come back, I need to learn more Spanish.

So many other lessons could be learned from this wonderful family. I miss them terribly already.
Sarai's Parents :) Mariangeles and Jose. 

Day 30: My last day in Barcelona. 

Today is the day when the other WKU students returned to America...however, my mother met me in Barcelona and I had the opportunity to show her around the beautiful city that I love.

We went to La Rambla and the market with Sara. 

Then we ate some delicious pizza...

...saw some beautiful fountains in Placa de Catalunya
We visited Edu's sister.

We went to the Gothic part of town.

And the beach.

And saw the boats.

Then we walked up to see Gaudi's buildings. It was a great summary walk to Barcelona.

Until next time Barcelona! I will be back someday, Lord willing.



Comments

Rewind