The Rain in Spain

Day 20: Sunday Fun-day.
 I say that because that is the exact emotion being with these brethren are--fun. They are so kind, loving, and wonderful. I can't tell you enough how much of a blessing they have been to me. It was great afternoon. We went to Pans & Company for lunch. I laughed so much that my cheeks hurt. Juan and Jose are hysterical.




Then we went to an Opera and Flamenco performance that evening. It was fantastic and a true cultural experience. The performers had incredible talent. It was great to hear a combination of traditional opera and flamenco dancing with traditional accompaniment. 


Before the show we ate crepes as recommended.

Chocolate and strawberry crepe with chai tea. Delicious.


The opera house (I'm not sure what it is turned this way).

Before the show, this was the view from our seats.

Day 21:
Today was rainy, but I bought a rain coat for my birthday! Happy birthday to me.

Day 22: My birthday!

My day started with Happy Birthday from my host family and blowing out candles.

Then I was greeted by this amazing demonstration of songs in Spanish, Catalan, Chinese, German, French and a Mexican version.


Even the boys class sang to me. I wish I had a video because they looked precious.



My gifts: a necklace from my host family and chocolate from my teacher.

The tradition in my host family is to make crepes for your birthday...so tonight we had crepes! Yumm

I also practiced Sevillanas tonight. I can almost do it....It is a very difficult dance to do, but I will persist!



Comments

Rewind