Weekend Excursion to the Mountains

Day 4: This weekend was wonderful. My host family took me to a trip to the mountains Spain near La Molina. They rent a house during the winter here and I was lucky enough to spend their last weekend of the year there with them.

Edu greeted us at the house.

Sara and Edu went to get food, so I went on a walk with the three oldest kids.

This probably tells you more information about where we were...but I'm not entirely sure. I asked Oscar to translate and he said that it said something about that river. So perhaps we were at Sanavastre and this is the river of Sanavastre.

Sara and Edu picked us up when they got finished shopping and we had dinner.

For dinner we had a potato quiche type thing, cheese and crackers, bread, tomato, fuet, and duck liver.
For dessert we had a Catalan dessert of cheese and honey.

Day 5:
The next day we took a trip to France where we hiked, ate, and saw beautiful mountains. It is awe-inspiring how great our God is and how amazing his creation is. Wow.





Hiking in the snow in April. It was nice because when my shoes got wet all I needed to do was lay out in the sun and they were dry again.




Picnic lunch of the typical Spanish sandwich






On our way back to the mountain house, we stopped at a little village in Spain to walk around the park.


Day 6: Church
The next day, I had my first train ride (2 1/2 hours) and got to meet some wonderful Christians in Spain.
The train left very early.

The wonderful Christians I feel so blessed to meet in Badalona! It is amazing to meet people who love and serve God all over the world.


AdiĆ³s until next time!


Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures, Nichole! I am glad we have had this opportunity to travel together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Rewind